Wenzel.net - http://recipes.wenzel.net - Nava Atlas, "Vegetarian Celebrations"
· Yield: 8 servings ·
· 3 tb Margarine
· 1 c Chopped onions
· 2 md Potatoes, peeled & diced
· 2 lg Celery stalks, diced
· 2 Garlic cloves, minced
· 6 c Water
· 2 Vegetable bouillon cubes
· 1/2 ts Mustard, basil & thyme
· 1/4 c Dry white wine, optional
· 12 oz White mushrooms, sliced
· 6 oz Shiitake, fresh or other fresh wild mushrooms
· 2 c Cooked navy beans
· Pepper to taste
· 1/4 c Fresh minced parsley
1. Heat 2 tb margarine in a soup pot.Add onions & saute over moderate heat till golden.Add next 5 ingredients & bring to a boil. Add seasonings & wine; cover & simmer over moderate heat for 15 minutes.
2. Add half the sliced white mushrooms & simmer 10 minutes. Remove soup from heat & let stand for a few minutes.
3. Wipe shiitake, remove & discard stems, slice caps. Heat remaining margarine in skillet; saute remaining white mushrooms & shiitakes, covered, for 10 minutes.
Add beans to soup & puree in batches. Return to soup pot & stir in the sautéed mushrooms. Grind in pepper. Before serving, simmer for 10 minutes. Adjust consistency if too thick. Sprinkle each serving with minced parsley.
This page translated into Hungarian on . Click on this underlined address to have it in Hungarian.
Need to help? (It's free and easy!)
Questions? eMail me from the first page!