CREAMY MUSHROOM SOUP WITH COOKED,
SMOKED, CURED OX-TONGUE - from my collection
· Serves 3-4 ·
· 300 grams mushroom
· 120 grams smoked, cooked cured
ox-tongue (or smoked ham)
· 3 Tbsp butter
· 2 Tbsp flour
· 1/2 litres meat-soup
· 3 decilitres cream
· salt to taste
· white pepper to taste
1. Clean the mushroom. Grate it using a shredder.
2. Fry the mushroom in the butter for about 5 minutes on medium heat. Sprinkle with salt, and pepper. Fry on high heat stirring constantly, to evaporate water. If it is fried to its fat, sprinkle with 2 Tbsp flour, fry for a minute, then add the meat-soup.
3. Simmer 15 minutes, or until soften. Remove soup from heat & let stand for a few minutes. Rub the hot soup through a sieve, then add cream, stirring continuously.
4. Cut the smoked, cured and cooked ox-tongue into thin strips (or substitute tongue for home-made smoked ham).
Serve the soup with some shredded meat on it and add some more extra cream stripe across the soup plate for decoration.
(Proven family recipe)
This page translated into Hungarian on . Click on this underlined address to have it in Hungarian.
Need to help? (It's free and easy!)
Questions? eMail me from the first page!