Recipe By : BH&G (Hot & Spicy) & 'Round the World
· Makes about 1/4 cup ·
· 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
· 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
· 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander seeds
· 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
· 3/4 teaspoon whole cloves
· 1/2 teaspoon cardamom seeds (without pods)
· 1 stick cinnamon -- broken
1. Preheat oven to 275°F degrees. Combine spices on pizza pan or cookies sheet; bake for about 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. In a blender container place roasted spices; cover and blend to a fine powder. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place.
To make Homemade Garam Masala
from ground spices mix :
· 1 tablespoon ground coriander
· 2 teaspoons black pepper
· 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
· 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 1 teaspoon ground cloves.
NOTES : Garam Masala is an essential seasoning in the cuisine of Northern India. The aromatic spices in this variable blend are those that the Indians say heat the the body. Add it sparingly, ususally toward the end of cooking. Through grinding your own garam masala gives the freshest flavor, you also can purchase it at Asian markets or mix spices that are already ground.
This page translated into Hungarian on . Click on this underlined address to have it in Hungarian.
Need to help? (It's free and easy!)
Questions? eMail me from the first page!