Source: http://www.theartisan.net - Beet and Tomato Salad
· 6 Medium Beets, previously
baked in foil for 1 hr. @ 350°F (175 °C)
· 3 Medium Tomatoes
· 2 Stalks Celery
· 1 Tsp. Red wine vinegar
· 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
PREPARING THE SALAD
1. Allow the beets to cool so that they can be handled. Peel and slice them 1/4 inch thick. Cut each slice in half.
2. Seed the Tomatoes and cut them into cubes of about 3/4 inch (do not worry about exact size)
3. Cut the celery into 1/2 inch pieces, using some of the leaves if available.
4. Add 1/3 cup Extra Virgin olive oil, one tsp. vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Toss the salad and let sit for at least 1/2 hour before serving. Serve with a rustic Italian bread such as Ciabatta.
This page translated into Hungarian on
Click on this underlined address to have it in Hungarian.
Need to help? (It's free and easy!)
Questions? eMail me from the first page!