Proven family recipe from Tauchen/Austria - Gasthaus Schwartz
· Serves 4 ·
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
· 4 level tablespoons oatmeal flour,
· 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped,
· 2 tablespoons olive oil, or other cooking fat,
· 1,5 liter stock, or broth, or soup made from stock cube,
· 2 tablespoons heavy cream, or milk,
· 1 medium egg,
· 1 tablespoon fresh, finely chopped parsley,
· 1 tablespoon fresh, finely chopped chives,
· 1 diced white bread, or roll,
· 1 tablespoon margarine,
· salt and white pepper to your taste.
1. Prepare 1,5 liters stock or broth, or soup made from stock cube. Leave to cool.
2. In a large pan cook over medium heat until soft, but not golden.
3. Add (haferflocken) oatmeal flour and finely chopped parsley. Continue cooking for about 2-3 minutes, while stirring.
4. Add the cooled stock, or broth, or soup made from stock cube.
5. Cook over medium heat for about 25-30 minutes, until ready.
6. Stir in the lightly beaten egg mixed with cream or milk. Bring it to boil for a second. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
7. When serving sprinkle with fresh, finely chopped chives, or parsley. You can offer with toasted bread, fried in margarine.
Variation: Add some caraway seeds to oatmeal flour and finely chopped parsley, before frying with onion.
This page translated into Hungarian on . Click on this underlined address to have it in Hungarian.
Need to help? (It's free and easy!)
Questions? eMail me from the first page!