From Patricia's Homepage
A fine and traditional Scottish appetite stimulant to solid fare; serve hot to 4-6 people.
· 6 leeks, sliced into half moons after cutting
away the roots and dark green and washing
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 5 cups strong chicken stock
· 3 Tablespoons butter (even better, chicken fat)
· 1/2 cup whipping cream
· salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring the stock to a boil, add leeks, then reduce heat and simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
2. Whisk in butter (or fat) and season. Stir in cream at the end, ladle into bowls, and serve immediately.
This page translated into Hungarian on . Click on this underlined address to have it in Hungarian.
Need to help? (It's free and easy!)
Questions? eMail me from the first page!