A SPICY INDONESIAN CHICKEN SOUP - from HENK'S HOT KITCHEN
Ideal as a lunch dish or served with boiled rice.
· 1 Chicken
· 1 Large Onion
· 3 Cloves Garlic
· 3 cm Ginger root
· 2 red chilli pepper
· 1 tsp Turmeric
· 1 bunch parsley
· 2 strands Lemon grass
· 2 tsp Ketjap Manis
· 3 Eggs
· 3 Potatoes
· vegetable oil
· pepper & Salt
1. Clean and skin the chicken. Slowly boil in 1.5 litre water until well done.
2. Take meat from bone and return the bones to the water to make a stock.
3. Shred meat and set aside.
4. Clear stock by passing through a muslin cloth. Boil Potatoes in water and mash with 1 egg and pepper & salt. Roll into small croquettes (2 cm thick 4 cm long). Deep fry in hot oil.
5. Hard boil remaining eggs and slice.
6. Put Onion, Garlic, Ginger, Chilli and Turmeric in a pestle and mortar or food processor and make into paste. Put 1 tbsp oil in hot wok and fry paste for 3 minutes. Chop the parsley and bruise Lemon grass. Add Stock, Chicken, Ketjap manis, Parsley and Lemon grass to paste, mix and heat through. Add pepper and salt to taste.
7. Put Potato croquettes and sliced egg in bowl and ladle the soup over this. Serve with Sambal Oelek (hot pepper paste) and Ketjap Manis (Soya sauce).
This page translated into Hungarian on . Click on this underlined address to have it in Hungarian.
Need to help? (It's free and easy!)
Questions? eMail me from the first page!