Black Bean Soup
· 3 Sweet Italian Sausages
· 4 Tbl Olive Oil
· 1/2 Cup Chopped carrots
· 1/2 Cup Chopped onions
· 1/2 Cup Chopped Celery
· 8 Cups Chicken Stock
· 1 Tbl Balsamic Vinegar
· 2 Oz Pancetta-chopped
· 2 Oz Prosciutto-chopped
· 1 Lb Black Beans-soaked overnight, drained
· 1/2 Tsp Coriander-ground
· 1/4 Tsp Cumin
· 1 Whole Peperoncino
· 1/2 Tsp Fennel seeds
· 4 Cloves Garlic
· 1/2 Cup Parsley-chopped
PREPARING THE INGREDIENTS
1. Remove the casings from the sausages. Cook the sausage meat, and the chopped Pancetta in a pot until lightly browned. Remove, drain and discard the fat, then set aside.
2. Add the olive oil, carrots, onion, garlic and celery to the same pan, and sauté until golden but not browned. Stir occasionally.
3. Add the chicken stock, the balsamic vinegar, 1/2 the beans,the prosciutto, 2/3 of the parsley, and the seasonings, including the Peperoncino, salt and pepper. Cook uncovered for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, adding water if necessary.
4. Meanwhile cook the remainder of the beans in water to which a slice of Pancetta has been added. When they are tender, drain and puree them.
5. After the soup has cooked for the appropriate time - indicated above - add the pureed beans to the soup and cook for an additional 30 minutes, or until the soup is quite thick.
Serve in bowls. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil on the soup, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
This page translated into Hungarian on . Click on this underlined address to have it in Hungarian.
Need to help? (It's free and easy!)
Questions? eMail me from the first page!