Source: Konyhamagazin, 2001. July - August
· 4 pieces, about 150 g. (5 - 6 OZ), sea fish fillets,
boneless and skinned, or other fish fillets
· 1 tsp salt,
· 1/2 tsp ground black pepper,
· 1 small bunch of parsley,
· 1 small bunch of basil,
· 2 Tbsp olive oil,
· 2 young courgettes (about 250 g. ~ 9 OZ),
Ingredients for the herb sauce:
· 1 - 1 small bunches of parsley, chives,
basil and tarragon,
· 1 bunch of spring onion, or 1 leek,
· 1 - 2 Tbsp capers,
· 4 - 5 Tbsp olive oil,
· salt and ground black pepper,
Ingredients for the risotto:
· 300 g. (10.5 OZ) fresh green asparagus,
· 1 small bunch of spring onions, or 1 leek,
· ~ 60 - 70 g. (2 - 2.5 OZ) butter,
· ~ 100 - 150 g. (3.5 - 5.5 OZ) freshly husked sugar peas,
· 250 g. (~9 OZ) rice,
· salt, and freshly ground black pepper,
· 7,5 dl (3 - 3.5 cups) consommé,
· 1 dl (0.5 cup) of dry white wine,
for the risotto:
· 2 - 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese.
1. Put the fish fillets between two sheets of wet tracing papers, or cellophanes (to protect the fish from disruption), and carefully tenderize them. Season with salt and ground pepper, chopped parsley and basil. Take them away as long as you make the herb sauce.
2. For the green herb sauce finely chop the parsley, chives, the basil and tarragon leaves. Finely slice the spring onions, pour in the olive oil, mix with the chopped herbs, add the capers, preferably coarsely chopped, season with salt and ground black pepper. Chill in refrigerator until serving. Put the seasoned fish fillets in shallow roasting pan with a little olive oil in the bottom. Wash the courgettes, dry on kitchen paper or a clean tea towel. Cut away the endings, cut into 2 - 3 mms thick slices. Cover the fillets with these slices, overlaid, putting them like fish-scales.
3. Glaze with the remaining olive oil, fry in a preheated oven at 180 °C/ 350°F/ Gas Mark 4 (or in a hot air oven at 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3) for 10-12 minutes. When ready serve with the herb sauce poured around, with the green risotto.
4. Clean the asparagus, cut the stems into 1 cm long pieces, but leave the heads intact. Slice finely the spring onions, fry in hot butter for a short time.
5. Mix in the asparagus, simmer for 2 - 3 minutes. At first mix in the sugar peas, then add the rice. Heat them stirring, season with salt and pepper, mix in the hot consommé, add in the wine. Stir constantly until boiling over a high heat.
6. Lower the heat, and cook very gently for about 20 minutes, until tender. When ready mix up carefully, and sprinkle grated parmesan cheese over the top of the risotto.
Preparation time: 1 hour and 20 minutes. 3186 kJ/762 kcal per serving. Serve with dry white wine like the "Bátaszéki Sauvignon Blanc - 2000".
This page translated into Hungarian on
Click on this underlined address to have it in Hungarian.
Need to help? (It's free and easy!)
Questions? eMail me from the first page!