Step by step Lebanese Cooking
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 25 minutes
· Serves 4-6
· 2 cups brown lentils
· 5 cups water
· 2 teaspoons olive oil
· 1 medium onion, finely chopped
· 2 cloves garlic, crushed
· 20 English spinach leaves, stalks removed and leaves finely shredded
· 1 teaspoon ground cumin
· 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander
· 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
· 2 cups vegetable stock
· 2 cups water
1. Place lentils in a large pan with water. Bring to the boil and simmer uncovered for 1 hour. Rinse and drain. Set aside. In separate pan heat oil; add onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat until golden. Add spinach and cook a further 2 minutes.
2. Add lentils, cumin, coriander, lemon rind, stock and water. Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
This page translated into Hungarian on . Click on this underlined address to have it in Hungarian.
Need to help? (It's free and easy!)
Questions? eMail me from the first page!